For a mortgage fund took over the entire asset management of a partly completed project from a delinquent borrower.
- Appointment of a liquidator
- Restructure of management rights scheme
- Completed building works
- Planning litigation
- Project marketing
Healthlands Fitness Chain
We were engaged by a provisional liquidator who we advised and subsequently led their team to urgently realise 11 leasehold fitness clubs. These clubs became the foundation for the now Fitness First chain. Our role included:
- Presenting the assets to an international market within one week
- Negotiating with landlords
- Negotiating with preferred bidders to secure a complex sale within a week
- $15 million sale price for leasehold assets which were significantly loss-making and would have to be closed within two weeks of appointment when $1 million in rent became due
Port Douglas Resort
For a mortgage fund reviewed the status of a non-preforming loan and developed an asset management plan.
- Works required to complete the resort
- Appointment of an operator
- Exit strategy
- Business operations strategy
Indigenous Business Australia
We were initially retained by IBA to review the performance of the portfolio and to identify key value drivers/detractors. This subsequently progressed into the development of a long term Tourism Portfolio Asset Management Strategy and assistance with its implementation.
In an earlier life as a registered liquidator some roles included:
- Managed and sold the 1,000+ rooms, 10 assets, Greetings Group Ltd
- Managed and sold Resort Hotel Leura
- $300m hotel and property group successful work out over three years
- Managed and sold 200 room CBD Hotel
- Investigating accountants reports on over 20 resorts and hotels.